Skip to main content

We're 4 months into 2024, how are you FEELING?

This week I have done a lot of thinking, reflecting, and doing a good self-check as we are already 4 months into 2024, and I want to make sure I am on track to achieve the goals I set for myself by the end of this year.  The main reason people don't succeed in their goals or new year's resolutions each year is because they simply quit after the first few months instead of doing a self-check in order to make some changes.  

For example, if your goal this year was to get strong, fit, and healthy and you signed up for a gym membership that you are no longer using (or at least not consistently 3-5 days a week to see results), maybe you are someone that doesn't like working out at a gym.  Maybe it's not convenient, inspiring, or fun.  Maybe you would do better working out at home and pushing play on fun workouts that tell you exactly what to do, and you can do it at 5am before work, or when it works for you.  

Or perhaps you are someone who is working out at home, but you've been pushing play on a program that just doesn't make you happy and it feels forced and you're bored, and just don't want to do it anymore.  Maybe you need to quit the program and go back to one of your favorites that you actually look forward to  doing, or try something new! 

Maybe you said you were going to be better at maintaining your home this year, or having an early morning routine, or you were going to start reading more, or write a book, start a podcast, advance your business, etc. but you now find yourself 4 months into the year, and haven't done any of those things.  

Now is the perfect time to ask yourself WHY.  Why haven't you made progress on your goals?  Why do you even want to achieve those goals?  Is it still important?  And if so, what actions do you need to take today to get back on track and start making it happen?  

I do a lot of thinking on my longer runs, and this week, I thought about my WHY quite a bit.  

In a world that is SO focused on how we look, I'm here to remind you that it's SO much more important to focus on how you want to FEEL.  And yes, sometimes how you look does improve how you FEEL, but how do you REALLY want to FEEL as you go through life?  

When I wake up every morning and live another day in this 44 year old body, I want to FEEL...

CALM

HAPPY

STRONG

and INSPIRED.  

And the actions that help me FEEL these things are...

  • Having Rhythms and Routines in my home that keep things in order (nothing makes me feel more anxious as a busy working mom than a chaotic space and always rushing... outer order= inner calm)
  • Running and doing home strength training programs that are fun and make me happy
  • Always having a goal I'm working towards (hello marathons and writing books)
  • Eating healthy foods that don't wreak havoc on my body
  • Filling my mind with positive encouraging words through podcasts, reading, and content
  • Writing and having hobbies and purpose that keep my fire burning
  • Having community to grow with, share life with, and make memories with (family, friends, online community who "gets me")

This week I decided to quit some things that are not making me feel calm, happy, strong, and inspired so l have more space for the things that do...


And the first thing I decided to quit was the 12 week BODi program I have been doing the last 6 weeks, called Dig Deeper.  I am no longer loving it, and therefore was not excited about doing it for 6 more weeks, 5 days a week, for 45 minutes a day.  It was starting to feel monotonous as we repeat lots of workouts when I prefer variety.  It was taking away from my running instead of complementing it.  I was missing my favorite trainer and all her motivational pep talks.  So, as much as I hate quitting things, I was reminded that sometimes you have to quit something in order to make space for something that actually makes you FEEL calm, happy, strong, and inspired.  Sometimes you have to ask yourself, "Is this serving me in this season and getting me closer to my goals?"  And if it's not, then quit or make some changes.  Life is too short to make yourself do workouts you don't enjoy.  Yes, there are things we have to do in life that don't necessarily bring us joy (like dishes, laundry, cleaning, going to work at a job we don't always love, paying taxes etc.), but I'm talking about goals we're working on when it comes to our health, fitness, and passions.  

And so, what's NEXT since I will not be continuing Dig Deeper these next 6 weeks?  

I will be returning to my favorite trainer, Autumn Calabrese and her newest program, 3 Day Split.

3 workouts a week, 30-50 minutes a day with all the energy and motivational pep talks that I have been craving, allowing more time for me to run, write, and work on my other goals for this year.  And with this new program comes a new theme for my May accountability group... Spring into Summer, spring clean your house AND your daily habits!  


Who is this for?  Busy moms who can commit to 3 days a week to work on getting strong and fit for summer (and life!) OR runners like me who want to strength train, but not have it take away from running.  Push play 3 days a week, run 3-4 days a week.  Perfect.  


In our group, you will get everything you need to push play on your workouts, my favorite pink GO and GLOW energy drink to do ALL the things, healthy nutrition tips and recipes for busy moms, tips for spring cleaning and maintaining your home for peace and calm in your life, self-care tips to fill your cup, plus daily motivation and accountability with community and coaching from me!  


My next group starts April 29, and I am SO EXCITED!  Reach out if you want to sign up!  

And when it comes to my other goals for 2024....

I am still chasing 1000 miles in 2024, currently sitting at almost 300, so I need to pick it up.  

I have the outline done for my next book with a goal to write and self-publish in December. 

I have my plans written out for my Fill up to Spill out podcast with a goal to start recording in September.


EEK!  I can't wait to SERVE and ENCOURAGE you in these new ways!!  I have had this book and this podcast on my heart for a couple of years now, and I am SO READY to start taking action on these goals.  


So, now it's YOUR TURN!!!  How are you FEELING right now as we are 4 months into this year?  Are you still on track to achieve your goals?  Are the things you are doing making you FEEL the way you wish to FEEL?  Are you enjoying your workouts?  Building sustainable habits for life?  Loving the process of chasing your goal?  Or do you need to reevaluate, quit something and start something new?  Do you need to remind yourself of your WHY?  


If it's important, you'll make the time.  If it's not, you'll find an excuse.  


No one can make you happy.  There is no quick fix to getting strong, fit, and healthy.  Nothing will calm your nerves unless you are actively cultivating peace and calm in your life.  And true fulfillment won't happen unless you are taking action on the things that fill your cup and bring you joy each day.  


You won't FIND the time.  You MAKE the time... even if it means waking up at 5am.  

I'd love to help you create daily habits in your life that help you feel calm, happy, strong, inspired and reach your goals in 2024.  Reach out at filluptospillout@gmail. com or in my DM's on IG at filluptospillout.

Until next time, 
Allison    



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How to Create a Morning Routine

On my journey to create the best version of myself and create a more fulfilling life, I have learned the importance of a good morning routine.  How we start our day can have incredible impact on how the rest of our day goes.  Starting our day with gratitude, time in scripture and prayer, and setting our intentions for the day sets us up for success.  Creating time to work on ourselves and our goals is life changing.  Not feeling rushed, unorganized, and flustered in the morning is important in setting the tone for the day. I have always been someone that wakes up early, mostly because I have to!  In my younger high school days, I would often set my alarm for 4 am to finish up homework or study for a test before an early morning practice.  In college, it was often the same way.  I just never seemed to have enough hours in the day or would tire out early at night, so I was left with early morning hours to get my work done.  As a nurse in the hospital, I had to be at work by 6:40am, so

What it's like to run a Marathon

Is running a marathon on your list of goals or dreams?  Or does the thought of running 26.2 miles sound absolutely crazy to you?  Maybe running 3 miles sounds like an impossible goal.  I'll admit, running a marathon was definitely not on my aspiration list until about 7 years ago.  I had always enjoyed running, but 3 miles (a 5K) was about my longest run.  I don't know if I even knew anyone who had run a marathon or even a 1/2 marathon back then.  After all, less than 1% of our country's population has completed a full marathon.  26.2 miles is a long ways, right?! 7 years ago, my husband went on a transformation journey of his own, hugely motivated to lose weight and get healthier.  It had been a few years since we had run any sort of distance, and he started with the goal of running a 5K, then a 10K, then decided to sign up for a full marathon in January of 2014.  It was quite a lofty goal, but he was determined to do it, and he had my full support.  In fact, I start

Is Coronavirus taking a toll on your mental health?

As a healthcare provider still going to work during the coronavirus pandemic, I see the toll that all of this fear, uncertainty, change, and social distancing is taking on our mental health.  People are experiencing more anxiety, depression, insomnia, fatigue, loneliness, and overwhelm.  Even those of us who are safe and well and not personally affected by the virus itself are still feeling the affects of having to spend more time at home, change the way we do things, and practice social distancing.  Nothing feels normal, and it's unclear if anything will ever get back to "normal." A lot of us are used to being BUSY.  We thrive on being busy, productive, and having goals and plans.  We love routine.  We love predictability.  We love a full calendar filled with activities.  This "being still" thing is hard.  We are mourning the loss of community and all the things that filled our days.  Coronavirus has wiped our calendars clean.  Literally everything we look