Skip to main content

Podcasts

You might be someone that has been listening to podcasts for years, or you might be asking what the heck is a podcast?  I discovered podcasts about 2 years ago, and they have literally changed my life.  I used to "multi-task" by running, doing chores, walking the dog, or driving AND listening to music or maybe watching a TV show.  Then one day, I discovered the world of podcasts, and I can't get enough of them.  Did you know podcasts are totally free?  If you have an APPLE device, there is a purple podcast APP already on your device.  Simply click on it and search through thousands of podcasts and subscribe to the ones you want to follow each week.

A podcast is essentially an internet radio show that you can listen to via your device.  It's free content on almost any topic you can think of.  The host downloads new episodes each week, giving you something to look forward to.  If you follow any motivational speaker, author, or thought leader, it is very likely they have a podcast.  If you want to learn more about nutrition, business, how to train your puppy, exercise and fitness, the Bible and how to live a Christian life, how to become a stronger leader, how to set goals and obtain them, how to get motivated and make changes in your life, or if you just want to laugh, there's a podcast for you.

I listen to dozens of podcasts each week, mostly 30-60 minutes each, and each show fires me up in different ways.  I listen to Christian authors, motivational speakers, people in business, and anyone else that inspires me and teaches me something.  Personal growth and development is a life-long journey.  Reading books and listening to podcasts and audiobooks is a great way to grow your mind and improve your life.

Instead of watching TV or listening to music while you do chores around the house, listen to a podcast.  Use listening to podcasts as a way to motivate you to go for a walk or a run in your neighborhood.  Listen to a podcast at the gym.  Turn on a podcast as you drive to work in the morning.  Listen while on your lunch break.  Listen while in the shower.  And if you're really cool, learn how to start doing your own podcast!  The world needs your voice, your stories, your wisdom, your encouragement, and your gifts.  If you are gifted in speaking and story telling, start a podcast!

Here are my current favorite podcasts that I listen to on the regular.  I look forward to new episodes each week, and find value in their content.  Sometimes I laugh, sometimes I cry, but I always learn something new.  Check them out!  Or search for your own favorites and start listening each week!












Happy podcast listening!
Have a great week ~ Allison


Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

How to Create a Morning Routine

On my journey to create the best version of myself and create a more fulfilling life, I have learned the importance of a good morning routine.  How we start our day can have incredible impact on how the rest of our day goes.  Starting our day with gratitude, time in scripture and prayer, and setting our intentions for the day sets us up for success.  Creating time to work on ourselves and our goals is life changing.  Not feeling rushed, unorganized, and flustered in the morning is important in setting the tone for the day. I have always been someone that wakes up early, mostly because I have to!  In my younger high school days, I would often set my alarm for 4 am to finish up homework or study for a test before an early morning practice.  In college, it was often the same way.  I just never seemed to have enough hours in the day or would tire out early at night, so I was left with early morning hours to get my work done.  As a nurse in the hospital, I had to be at work by 6:40am, so

What it's like to run a Marathon

Is running a marathon on your list of goals or dreams?  Or does the thought of running 26.2 miles sound absolutely crazy to you?  Maybe running 3 miles sounds like an impossible goal.  I'll admit, running a marathon was definitely not on my aspiration list until about 7 years ago.  I had always enjoyed running, but 3 miles (a 5K) was about my longest run.  I don't know if I even knew anyone who had run a marathon or even a 1/2 marathon back then.  After all, less than 1% of our country's population has completed a full marathon.  26.2 miles is a long ways, right?! 7 years ago, my husband went on a transformation journey of his own, hugely motivated to lose weight and get healthier.  It had been a few years since we had run any sort of distance, and he started with the goal of running a 5K, then a 10K, then decided to sign up for a full marathon in January of 2014.  It was quite a lofty goal, but he was determined to do it, and he had my full support.  In fact, I start